🤨Have you ever wondered if you correctly pronounce the Spanish expressions that everyone knows, such as “SOMBRERO”, “FELIZ NAVIDAD” or “CHORIZO”?
😱It is possible that you have been mispronouncing those internationalized Spanish words wrong… Your whole life!
😊In this guide with video, audio, cheat sheet, flashcards, and quiz to practice I will teach you how to pronounce Spanish words that surely ring a bell.
❔And, if they do not sound familiar, you may have ever stopped to think, for example, “how do you say 🐆 “jaguar” in Spanish?”
- This guide has the purpose of answering your questions and to satisfy your curiosity.
- This list is the result of a research on which are the most googled words and phrases in Spanish by foreigners on the Internet.
❓💻That is, I show you here the words that many people ask Google “how do you say … in Spanish?”.
- You will find all these words here so that, from now on, you can use them correctly.
🔝Attention: I selected these expressions following a criterion of popularity among foreigners.
Does a beginner need to know all this Spanish vocabulary?
- Some of these are words that you, as a beginner, should know.
- But many other words do not need to be on your “top priority” Spanish vocabulary list…
- Maybe you want to at least see and hear these words now, but you just want to incorporate them later into your Spanish vocabulary.
🔝Since we are talking about top-priority vocab, you have three Spanish vocabulary guides that I do advise you to check out:
👉Who is this Spanish material for?
- If you do not speak any Spanish, you can start with this guide.
- If you do already speak some Spanish, this guide will trigger your memory and help you improve your Spanish pronunciation.
- In both cases, you’re sure to learn new and interesting things here.
The content of this Spanish pronunciation guide for English-speaking beginners
👆You can click on the index to go to the sections that interest you the most.
🤗Al the end of this blog post you will find more FREE content for English-speaking beginners who want to learn Spanish from scratch, no registration required.
✔I highlight the useful tips in this guide with the symbol 💎 .
🎬You have the video with explanations in English.
🎬You also have the video with the same content, explained in Spanish with subtitles in Spanish and English. I advise you to watch it if you already speak a little Spanish, and want to do language immersion.
🎧In each section, you have an audio with the words of each topic.
- Some words on the list have two correct ways of being pronounced and, in these cases, I pronounce the two variations in the audios.
- There are words where there are even more than two variations, like 🧅“CEBOLLA” (“onion”), which can be pronounced in four slightly different ways… And they are all correct!
🐢🎵In the audios you can change the playback speed, if you think it is too fast.
🖍At the bottom of this post, you have a quiz to check your knowledge.
📌You have here interactive flashcards with the vocabulary of this list (Spanish/English). You can choose your favorite gaming or learning mode.
📌You have here interactive flashcards with the vocabulary of this list (Spanish/pictures). You can choose your favorite gaming or learning mode.
🏆To learn your first words and phrases in Spanish, and thus get used to the sounds of the language, I suggest this video for English speakers who do not speak any Spanish.
- In the video I teach useful resources for your next vacation in a Spanish-speaking country. You have audio and PDF to download here.
🎯If you have no knowledge of Spanish (or almost none) and want to start from scratch, you have a FREE and ONLINE self-study mini-course with CERTIFICATE that you will love.
- The course encompasses 5 lessons with video, audio, PDF with theory, examples, exercises, answers and a summary, interactive flashcards, and quiz.
- At the end of the free course, you will be able to form your first Spanish sentences to use them in your daily communication and on vacation.
- You sign up with two clicks and you can start the Spanish course immediately, if you want. You have no deadline to finish it.
- You can find out more about the mini-course here.
⏩ Free course preview (sneak peek), with many free learning tips, available here, no registration needed:
👉At the end of this Spanish blog post for beginners you will find more FREE content with material that you can download, no need to register. I hope you like it!
💖I hope you’re looking forward to learning more about the Spanish language. With this guide, I assure, you will feel even more motivated to learn!
😂After all, Spanish is such a fun language that, whatever you say, it sounds quite nice. I could give you thousands of examples, and here’s one – a song whose chorus is just “Y SIENTO UN TUKITUKI”! It is simple and a little silly (“and I feel tukituki”, which is the sound of a beating heart), but it gives you feel-good Spanish vibes!
😁So, let’s get this party started!
How to pronounce “GRACIAS” (“thank you”) in Spanish
How to pronounce some animal names in Spanish: words most searched by foreigners in Google
How to pronounce some names of food and drinks in Spanish: words most searched by foreigners in Google
|quesadilla||mexican cheese snack|
|quinua||a grain from the Andes|
|salsa||sauce, salsa dance|
|tortilla||mexican tortilla = flat bread|
|pincho (en vasco, pintxo)||typical basque snack|
|zumo de naranja||orange juice (Spain)|
|jugo de naranja||orange juice (Latin America)|
|café con leche||coffee with milk|
How to pronounce some common phrases in Spanish: phrases most searched by foreigners in Google
|¡Feliz navidad!||Merry Christmas!|
|¡Mucha suerte!||Good luck!|
|¡Feliz cumpleaños!||Happy Birthday!|
|¡Muy bien!||Very well!|
How to say compliments and how to flirt in Spanish: phrases most searched by foreigners in Google
|Eres muy guapo.||You’re very good-looking. (to a man)|
|Eres muy guapa.||You’re very good-looking. (to a woman)|
|Eres muy lindo.||You are very cute. (to a man)|
|Eres muy linda.||You are very cute. (to a woman)|
|mi amor||my love|
|Te quiero.||I love you.|
How to pronounce random words in Spanish: words most searched by foreigners in Google
|coche||car (in Spain)|
|carro||car (in latin America)|
How to pronounce words related to family and people in Spanish: words most searched by foreigners in Google
How to pronounce more random Spanish words: words most searched by foreigners in Google
|cafetería||cafeteria, coffee shop|
|¡vamos! / ¡Vámonos!||Let’s go!|
How to pronounce names of places and persons in Spanish: words most searched by foreigners in Google
A quiz to test your knowledge!
There is at leas one wrong answer for each question.
Please select 2 correct answers
Please select 2 correct answers
Online Self-Study Spanish Courses for Beginners (with Certificate)
🚀If you have little or no prior knowledge of the Spanish language, you can start learning it with the FREE ONLINE SELF-STUDY MINI-COURSE.
🎓The FREE course for English speakers includes certificate and varied digital materials.
👉The signup process is fast and intuitive. You can start learning whenever you want. You do not have a deadline to finish the online course.
🔎Here is more information about the free Spanish mini-course.
⏩You have two previews of course content. You can access these free course sneak peeks without having to sign up.
✨The first is a pleasant first contact with the foreign language.
✨The second includes many free tips to motivate and to inspire your learning.
👩🏫The mini-course works as an introduction to the Spanish language and will allow you to continue learning more easily.
💲When you finish the mini-course you get a discount coupon to take the comprehensive Spanish course with which you will conclude the A1 level.
📑The A1-Spanish course includes varied digital materials, a certificate, and webinars where you can ask your questions in real time.
⏩You have a free trial lesson available.
Learn Spanish from Scratch: Newsletter, YouTube, and Social Media
📬You can sign up for the Spanish newsletter for English-speaking beginners for free, with content and tips to learn the language for free.
👍You can learn Spanish with content for beginners on social media:
🔔Do not miss the YouTube channel! Subscribe!